- Biondi No 35 Elbows 500g
- 2 tbspn Olive Oil
- 3 cups rock salt
- 2 bunches baby beetroots, leaves trimmed
- 300g ricotta
- 1 bunch watercress, washed and leaves picked
- ½ cup roasted hazelnuts, shells removed
- 50g Pecorino
- Salt & pepper
For the Dressing
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley
- 1 cup basil leaves
- 3 anchovy fillets
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tbspn capers
- 2 tbspn white balsamic
- ½ cup mint leaves
- Firstly, take a baking tray and place the rock salt over it. Next place beetroots over salt and cover with foil.
- Place into a moderate oven and bake for 1½ hrs or until till tender.
Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cool, peel skin from beetroots, cut into quarters and place into a bowl.
- Cook pasta according to packet directions, drain and cool immediately. Toss a little olive oil through pasta.
- Take beetroots, hazelnuts, pasta, and watercress, mix together in a bowl,
add the dressing and toss.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place salad on serving platter and
crumble ricotta through the salad.
- To serve sprinkle with a generous amount of pecorino over the top.
- Dressing: Place all ingredients into a food processor and bind together to a paste.