- Biondi No 38 Macaroni 500g
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1L milk, warmed
- 150g smoked mozzarella, grated
- 150g fontina, grated
- 150g provolone cheese, grated
- 100g smoked pancetta, finely diced
- Chopped parsley to garnish
- Sea salt
- Parmigiano cheese
- Bring a pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to packet directions. Drain.
- Fry pancetta till crispy, drain in absorbent paper.
- In a medium pot, to make the béchamel, melt the butter and add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Slowly add the warmed milk, 500ml at a time, depending on how thick you want your béchamel
- Bring to the boil, using a whisk and constantly stirring to ensure a smooth béchamel
- Stir the pasta and the béchamel together, add the cheeses, reserving a ¼ cup of each for the top and season with salt and pepper. Stir
- Place the pasta into ramekins, top with the reserved cheese and cooked pancetta. Bake at 200C uncovered for 5-8 minutes or until golden
- Serve with chopped parsley, and grated Parmigiano cheese.